Protecting your Personal Data is an important part of forming a good relationship with our customers and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This Privacy Statement sets out how we will protect your personal information (such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, credit card number, gender and merchandise category preferences). Subject to your consent, we may communicate with you through a variety of channels and means, such as post, email, phone, fax, text message, newsletter or via the website. You may unsubscribe from our communication lists at any time. Although your visit to the website will be logged through the non-personally identifiable information provided by your computer (see below), you will be an anonymous user unless you choose to register or log in to your dedicated user account.
What information do we collect?
The personal data that we collect is limited to information that we feel is necessary to process your order. We will not collect any other personal information unless you provide it to us voluntarily (whether directly or indirectly). We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal as well as non-personally identifiable data:
- non-personal information from the website that does not identify you, such as data about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, including your IP address, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including name, e-mail address, postal address and phone number(s));
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our e-mail notifications.
Why do we collect this information?
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- complete transactions with you and manage your account or any future loyalty schemes (where applicable);
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website;
- send invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (You can unsubscribe at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent to you);
- help us understand and analyse our sales, your needs and preferences;
- enable you to participate in promotions, contests, customer research or focus groups;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- to respond to correspondence, requests or complaints.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may use non-personal information to compile tracking information reports regarding site user demographics, site traffic patterns and site purchases. None of this tracking information can or will be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Except as provided in this Privacy Statement, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Security of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology (you will be able to tell that you are in secure mode because the 'http' in the website address on your browser will change to 'https'). Please note that you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask you for your password.
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. If you continue to use the website after the amended Privacy Statement has been posted, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. We would recommend that this is done in writing and we may require you to provide us with additional information reasonably necessary for us to satisfy your request.
We will never knowingly collect or solicit personal information from individuals under the age of sixteen without first obtaining verifiable parental consent. If you are under sixteen, you should not provide any personal information to us. If we become aware that a person under sixteen has provided information to us without verifiable parental consent, we will remove such personal information from our files.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated so that we can maintain our records.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our treatment of your personal data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Thea Skincare Limited, Suite 942, 109 Vernon House, Friar lane,, Nottingham, NG1 6DQ. You are also welcome to e-mail us at email@example.com or call us on: + 44 (0) 115 8371983. You are reminded not to send sensitive information such as passwords or credit card details via unencrypted means, such as email..