How do celebrities like Courtney Cox, Iman, Madonna and Sharon Stone stay looking so young over 50?
Most of us have been caught at least once, rushing to the Department store to buy the lastest fad antiaging 'miracle wonder' cream that cost a ridiculous amount of money, but we buy it nevertheless, because we honestly believe it will make us look 5 years younger.
I've done it and spent the next few months trying to hide the credit card statements from my husband to avoid him thinking that I've gone completely mad and demand that I take the pot of half used cream back to the store to get my money back.
Find out more about theTop 6 antiaging products that will help you stay young when you're over 50
It took me years to realise that it's not the amount of money you spend to get good antiaging skincare products, but what's in them and how effective the antiaging ingredients they contain are on your skin.
So here's 6 top antiaging products that will help you to stay looking younger when you're over 50.
1. A natural antioxidant rich face cleanser, these are packed full of natural age defying active ingredients such as green & white tea, high performance moisturisers, vitamins and antiaging essential oils, such as rose and frankinscence.
2. A high perfomance natural antiaging face moisturiser, a good natural antiaging moisturiser should contain a cocktail of the best high performance skin enhancing and age defying ingredients, such as moisturisers, like jojoba and aloe vera, skin vitamins A, B, C and E, naturally active skin firming ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, pomegranate, DMAE, a vitamin B derivative that helps to reduce sagging skin on the face and neck, it also stimulates natural skin renewal and MSM, an organic sulphur that tones and strengthens the skin and helps to keep those dreaded wrinkles at bay.
3. Buy an eye cream, this is a must have antiaging product for women over 40. It's one of the sacred antiaging skincare products that should be kept in the handbag day and night, just in case you have to travel at the last minute, it will always be by your side. Our skin is the thinnest under our eyes, so our eyes need that daily TLC to keep the fine lines, wrinkles and dark circles away for much longer. Look for eye creams with high performance ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, DMAE, MSM and sea weed extracts.
4. Exfoliate your skin twice a week. Dead skin on the face, is one of the main causes of premature ageing. Natural fruit enzymes (AHA's), blended with organic moisturisers are really good exfoliators and great at removing dead layers of skin, that can build up, as we get older. If you don't get rid of dead skin, it will make the skin look dull, tired and old. Exfoliation, not only gets rid of dead skin, it also tones and nourishes the skin much deeper than a face cleanser, so include face exfoliation as part of your skincare mantra.
5. Use a toner after cleansing, again antioxidant rich toners are great for fighting free radicals that cause our skin to age. They are also good for hydrating, toning and tightening the pores. A good toner can give your face the uplift that aging skin needs.
6. Use sunscreen creams to protect you skin from the sun. The sun is a natural 'skin booster' but too much sun can damage the skin and make you age more quickly. The sun can also make your skin more sensitive, so don't go out in it without your SPF!
Follow these simple anti-aging skincare tips and you too can wear your skin with pride when you're well over 50.